April 16, 2010

All Laquered Up

I've been on a nail polish kick lately, and some co-workers and I have been ooh-ing and aah-ing over some of the recent releases from Essie and OPI.  I will readily admit that I am pretty traditional, though not necessarily conservative, when it comes to nail colors--give me pinks or corals on my fingers and reds or pinks on my toes and I'm a happy girl.  I do like a lot of grays and deep, dark purples, but I tend to steer clear of greens, blues, and anything that could be considered DayGlo.  So, you can imagine my delight when I saw the newly released Essie 2010 Spring Resort Collection.  I love the Playa del Platinum, and I really like the Splash of Grenadine.  I could even be talked into trying Turquoise and Caicos, and perhaps, just maybe, Lapis of Luxury.

Playa del Platinum

Touch of Grenadine

Turquoise and Caicos

Lapis of Luxury

However, I was not as thrilled with OPI's Shrek Forever After collection, to be released in May 2010 in conjunction with the movie Shrek: Forever After.  While the names are creative, as always, I only really liked Rumples Wiggin on my first look.  Funkey Dunkey (i.e., donkey) and What's with the Cattitude? are cute colors for summer, but I'd probably stick to one of my no-fail summer colors, like ElePhantastic Pink or Charged Up Cherry.  I can say that, without a doubt, you will NOT find me wearing Fiercely Fiona or Who The Shrek Are You?, although OPI did a pretty good job of transferring Shrek and Fiona's skin color to nail color.  Ogre-The-Top just reminds me of above-ground swimming pools, so that one is definitely out.  Overall, I think it's a fun color story, and I commend OPI for not including a pink or red hue in the collection.


Rumples Wiggin


Funkey Dunkey


What's with the Cattitude?


Ogre-The-Top


Fiercely Fiona


Who the Shrek Are You?

No comments:

Post a Comment