June 12, 2010

Mickey Drexler: Retail Therapist

J. Crew will always hold a special place in my heart, and not just because I love their clothes, shoes, and accessories.  A little over a year ago I was laid off from my job; I was devastated, upset, angry, confused, and experienced a myriad of other emotions.  While I collected unemployment from the government (hey, a girl has to live), I also went to my local J. Crew in Georgetown and applied for a job, for which I was miraculously hired.  I only worked at the store for four months, but it was my first time ever working retail, and I learned about the industry as well as about J. Crew's brand and products.  All of this is to say that I love to read about Jenna Lyons, J. Crew's creative director, who has fabulous style (read my previous post about her here), and about Mickey Drexler, the current chairman and CEO who has brought fresh and new ideas to the company.  I had the pleasure of meeting Mickey in person during my tenure at J. Crew and enjoyed this Wall Street Journal article about him; I look forward to seeing what Mickey brings to the brand in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment