April 29, 2013

Remember me?

Hey guys, long time, no see. I haven't blogged in a while, but I was kind of shocked that I haven't blogged since November!

Since you asked, I'll tell you where I've been. The short is answer is work.

About halfway through December, my dear co-worker adopted a baby boy. Harris was born on Saturday, my co-worker received a phone call the following Tuesday to say that she and her husband had been chosen as a match, she flew across the country to California on Wednesday, and on Thursday she officially became Harris's mom! I was absolutely thrilled for my co-worker and her husband, and it took a day or two for me to realize that she wouldn't be coming back for three months. Since the adoption occurred so quickly, we didn't have the usual nine months to prepare for her to go on her maternity leave--instead, she was there one day and gone the next! 

Most of her day-to-day responsibilities fell to me, which meant that I was doing two jobs during our busiest time of the year--we were in the midst of major projects and preparing for our annual meeting. It was a bit of a whirlwind, but everything turned out for the best and life is back to semi-normal.

Now I'm going to take an 8-hour nap and go back to work. I leave you with some words of wisdom from one of my favorite authors, Anonymous.


No comments:

Post a Comment