June 19, 2013

Man of Steel

Have you heard the buzz about Man of Steel, the new Superman franchise by Christopher Nolan? If you're a movie buff (and possibly even if you're not) then you already are well are of this--Nolan directed the excellent The Dark Knight trilogy, and he's now revamped Clark Kent's super alter-ego. 

I was always a Superman kind of gal growing up; I'd watch the old Christopher Reeve movies with my dad and always wanted my super power to be the ability to fly. I vividly remember Superman: The Movie, with Lois Lane hanging onto a helicopter by the strap of her seat belt and the adorably-nerdy Clark Kent changing into Superman in the nick of time to save her. (I've also never been able to see Gene Hackman as a nice guy after his turn as Lex Luthor.)

I haven't seen the new iteration yet, but I plan to. Reviews I've seen are mixed, but mostly positive. After seeing Henry Cavill in his Superman outfit, I think women around the world are hoping that he survives the supposed Superman curse.


No comments:

Post a Comment