December 2, 2010

Pumpkin Dip

My book club met last night to discuss our latest selection, Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann (more in my next post).  It was my turn to host at my apartment, and I appreciated the motivation to have my Christmas decorations in place before I had visitors.  I actually considered not putting up my tree this year, but I'm glad that I did.  (And I'd like to take a second to comment on tree skirts; I didn't have one last year, and when I sent my mother a picture of my tree this year, she was horrified that my tree wasn't fully dressed.  Let me just tell you, a decent tree skirt that at a decent price is hard to come by.  Thank you, T.J. Maxx!)





While we always make time to discuss the book, we actually spend more time catching up over dinner and drinks.  Since I'm no chef, we ordered pizza for delivery, although I did make some delicious pumpkin dip, served with Ginger Snaps and Nilla Wafers.  This is actually my favorite variation on pumpkin dip so far, so I've shared the recipe below.



PUMPKIN DIP

Ingredients:

8 ounces cream cheese
1/3 cup pumpkin
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
dash nutmeg

Directions:

Let cream cheese warm to room temperature. Mix the cream cheese and pumpkin. Then add the powdered sugar and spices. Serve with Ginger Snaps or Vanilla Wafers.

No comments:

Post a Comment