January 12, 2012

Happy 2012

I had planned to post last week, but I was in Arizona for a week for work travel, then I was sick and out of commission for a few days.  Can you believe that it's actually 2012?  I vividly remember New Year's Eve 1999 (involving copious amounts of champagne and Prince's "1999" on repeat) and can't believe that was only 12 years ago.  This year instead of attending a New Year's Eve party, I hosted one!  My two roommates and I threw a party at our house, and even though our house was a mess the next day, it was worth the fun and celebrating with friends.

I'm not a big fan of new year resolutions since I think you can resolve to change any day of the year, but there are some things I'd like to work on in 2012 an continue doing.  I need to remember to take the time to enjoy my life and not always focus on the "next step;" when that happens, you don't always appreciate where you currently are, and I happen to currently be in a great place.

Quick trivia: 2012 is the 4709th Chinese year and is the year of the Water Dragon.  The Chinese New Year doesn't officially start until January 23, 2012, so you've got a few more days to prepare/party/resolve if you need to.




No comments:

Post a Comment