December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve 2013

Here we are again, at the close of one year and nearly to the open of another. Like many, I typically find New Year's Eve celebrations to be a bit overrated and schmaltzy. In reality, what makes January 1 so different from December 31? Why are we so open to making positive changes in our lives one day out of the year when we all have the choice to make better and smarter decisions on April 17, July 22, or October 4? I ask this rhetorically, of course, since I have already written out my resolutions, dug out my gym clothes, organized my closets, and revisited the budget I created for myself back in June. 

The new year brings a renewed sense of order to our busy and chaotic lives and gives us hope that this is the year that we'll be healthier, wealthier, and wiser. That's my sincere wish for you, and for me, too. 

I'm feeling optimistic about 2014. Not that 2013 or 2012 weren't good years--they were--but I just have a feeling that this will be a good year. (Of course, I thought 2010 would be a good year and before January had even ended I'd slipped and broken my foot and ankle in five places. So, we'll see.)

So here's to you, here's to me, and here's to a wonderful, happy, safe, and sweet new year that's full of love, life, and laughter. 







No comments:

Post a Comment