July 7, 2010

Elite Sports

This summer I was finally introduced to bocce.  I knew the basic rules, but I had never played until a few weeks ago.  Basically, there are two teams and your team throws/tosses/rolls its bocce balls as close to the yellow ball (the "jack" or "pallino") as possible.  Pretty simple, yet I still managed to be terrible at it.  Anyway, I was surfing the 'net and found a beautiful bocce ball set.  I know what you're thinking... you're thinking the record-breaking heat in DC has gone to my head and I'm probably dehydrated and might start saying next that I like Auburn football or that I think Julia Roberts is a good actress (yes, maybe, no, never!).  I'll show you what I'm talking about.

This is what your average, run-of-the-mill bocce ball set looks like:



This, however, is what a bocce ball set looks like after Karl Lagerfeld gets his hands on it:


Beautiful, right?  The kicker is that each of these Chanel bocce sets cost $2,800, while the average set costs between $30-$50.  These are both from the Chanel 2010 sports collection, and several other pieces of the collection are below. 

rugby, basketball, and tennis ball

surfboards

snowboards

wooden skis

skis

dumb bells

guitars

bicycle ($17,000)

scooter

rollerblades (do people still rollerblade?)

tennis raquet

fishing set

No comments:

Post a Comment