July 16, 2010

Innovative Advertising

You may or may not know that in college, advertising was the minor to my marketing major.  You also may or may not know that in college, I interned in accounts management at an advertising agency.  Additionally, you may or may not know that I almost reversed my major and minor, not only so I wouldn't have to take and subsequently pass calculus and statistics, but also because I thought I wanted to be an account executive at an advertising agency.  If you know me, you know that I am decidedly not doing that.  I still follow some advertising industry publications though, and I enjoy reading about interesting and innovative ad campaigns.  I found the advertisements below intriguing, particularly because they cater to the captive audience on subway/Metro trains.  (Just a warning that the last ad could be considered offensive to some.)

IKEA outfits a subway train

IKEA outfits a subway train

Creative, but I wonder if he even noticed?

Don't mind if I do.

That's right, an ad for funeral services.

potatoes growing from the ceiling; Lay's ad to the left

Everyone, and I mean everyone, wears headphones on the subway/metro.

I think I'd rather sit on these than concrete subway/Metro benches...

The reading lamp is a nice touch.

Cool.

Perhaps my favorite of the bunch.

Let your imagination run wild.

(found via)

No comments:

Post a Comment