May 29, 2010

Bodega

As I posted yesterday, last night I met some friends for dinner at Bodega, a Spanish tapas restaurant in Georgetown.  Although Bodega has been in the neighborhood for close to two years, it was my first time eating here.


A friend of mine who recently moved to DC invited a group of friends to dinner, and since friends invited more friends, we ended up with a table of 12.  None of us really knew one another, so it was a fun night of meeting new people; tapas places are great for a group since everyone is encouraged to share.  

our table

A tablemate and I shared the Paella Marinera con Bogavante (paella with monkfish, clams, mussels, scallops, shrimp, and lobster), which was delicious.  I love seafood but had never tried paella before, so I'm happy to say that I really enjoyed it.  Others at the table shared the Paella de Pollo y Chorizo (chicken and chorizo sausage) and the Paella Valencia (chicken, pork, duck, fava beans, and artichoke hearts).  I'd definitely recommend Bodega for either a small or a large group; the service was decent, but the food was great and the atmosphere was fun and lively.  (Pictures are from the website.)

No comments:

Post a Comment