May 16, 2010

Weekend

I spent a good part of my day yesterday in Georgetown, and after my post about Georgetown Cupcake yesterday, I thought perhaps a mid-afternoon snack was a good idea.  However, when I saw the line stretching down the block, I decided I didn't really need that cupcake anyway.  These cupcakes are super delicious, but it was hot and that line was long.

After lots of window shopping, I headed down to the Georgetown Harbour to meet a friend for drinks.  It was a sunny day, and the waterfront was packed, per ususal.  I really enjoy people watching, and the waterfront is an excellent place to do it.  Tourists, locals, dog walkers, drunks, children--I saw it all.  I even saw a wedding...  There are several restaurants that ring the harbor, and while the food is usually fine, it's the atmosphere and outdoor seating that draws the crowds.  I would definitely recommend a visit on a sunny day.

Last night I attended an engagement party for some dear friends.  It was a lovely party--it was outside at the husband-to-be's parents' beautiful home in northwest DC.  I wish I had taken more pictures, but I was enjoying myself too much to pull out the camera.  Drinks were poured, dinner was served, and then the dancing started.  It was a happy night celebrating the happy couple.


No comments:

Post a Comment