May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

The weather was beautiful this weekend, and on Sunday I went to the Georgetown Flea Market.  The flea market had temporarily relocated to Arlington due to construction on the school where the market is located, but gladly it is back in Georgetown now.  I ended up with a pair of earrings, and I'm having non-buyer's remorse because I sort of wish I'd bought one of the vintage cameras in the pictures below.  Maybe another Sunday...

Each Memorial Day Weekend, the Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Rally is held in DC to call for the government's recognition and protection of Prisoners of War and soldiers who are Missing in Action.  Basically, a bunch of bikers ride through the city in honor of American war heroes.  The cause is noble, but it does make for some interesting pictures.

After the flea market and biker sightings, I headed to Dean & Deluca.  I wanted to buy half of the store, but since I'm poor, I made it out with a coffee.  It's a fun store to wander around and buy goodies when I have the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment