May 14, 2010

The Girl Who Played with Fire

Well, as I posted previously, I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for my book club.  Although intitially I wasn't crazy about the novel, I kept thinking about what I'd read and realized that I'd have to finish the trilogy to see what happens to the characters.  I have a hard time not finishing movies, books, etc., because I just have to know how everything turns out in the end.

The second book in this trilogy is The Girl Who Played with Fire, and this one had me from the first page.  I think I enjoyed the mystery and suspense in this novel more than in the prequel; I literally could not put it down until I'd finished it.  The story continues from the previous novel, but the suspense was higher; not only are you reading a crime novel, but now that you know the characters you want to find out what makes them tick.  In particular, we learn more about the story behind Lisbeth Salander, the "girl" mentioned in the titles.  If you've read the first one, you must, must read this one. 

By now you surely have realized that I also plan to read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, the last in the trilogy.  Be prepared to read my opinion of it at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment